* Make error in Bootstrap while compiling gcc3.2.1
@ 2005-07-18 12:57 tina raj
From: tina raj @ 2005-07-18 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi Eljay,
 Thanks for responding so quickly. I have been stuck
since morning with this :-(...
I have followed the steps as mentioned in the gcc
install "http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html"

I did

I have srcdir as /home/manas/tina/gcc-3.2
then I did
 mkdir objdir
        % cd objdir
        %  ../configure
--enable-languages='all,ada,c,c++,f95,f77,java,objc,obj-c++,treelang'
--prefix=/home/manas/tina/temp --enable-shared
--enable-threads=posix
--with-local-prefix=/home/manas/tina/temp/include
--enable-clocale=gnu --enable-__cxa_atexit
--disable-libada

is this correct? Else how I should do. I am sorry as I
am very new to linux and so donot understand it well.

Thanks
tina

--- Eljay Love-Jensen <eljay@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi Tina,
>
> You ran "../configure".
>
> You cannot configure and build GCC in the GCC source
> directory, nor in any subdirectory thereof.
>
> HTH,
> --Eljay

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: Make error in Bootstrap while compiling gcc3.2.1
@ 2005-07-18 13:13 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2005-07-18 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

tina raj wrote:

>  Thanks for responding so quickly. I have been stuck
> since morning with this :-(...
> I have followed the steps as mentioned in the gcc
> install "http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html"

You should check the archives of this list, someone asked about this
just the other day.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2005-07/msg00155.html and
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2005-07/msg00156.html are both relevent.

>  mkdir objdir
>         % cd objdir
>         %  ../configure

Sorry but this is still building in a subdirectory of the source
directory, which is not correct.

tar jxvf gcc-x.y.z.tar.bz2  # creates subdirectory gcc-x.y.z/
mkdir build
cd build
../gcc-x.y.z/configure --options

Brian