From: John Ling <jling@bioinformatics.ubc.ca>
To: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Linking on AIX
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:42:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Actually though I am hoping for shared libraries but I am uncertain if
they are actually being installed.  During my build I do have a file
named ./lib/.libs/libubic.so.0 that is created within my source directory.

However, I am trying to link to the libraries in the install directory
outside this source directory.  In the install directory I have
lib/libubic.a and lib/libubic.la.

Did the shared component not get installed properly?  i.e. should I
expect the file libubic.so.0 to be installed along with libubic.a and
libubuic.la?  How can I tell whether the symbols are exported from the
library?

Thanks,
John Ling