* How the -I DIR option alters the behave of the preprocessor?
@ 2005-11-01 17:30 Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes
From: Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes @ 2005-11-01 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I was studying the code of gnopernicus and I saw that in one of the
files have the following line:

#include "glib.h"

but the file glib.h is not in the currenty directory to be around "".
Why that was not write like #include <glib.h>

The -I DIR option alter the way that the preprocessor looks for include
files declared with ""? This is not clear for me looking only at the
documentation.

Thanks,
Carlos.

* Re: How the -I DIR option alters the behave of the preprocessor?
@ 2005-11-02  7:09 ` Dima Sorkin
From: Dima Sorkin @ 2005-11-02  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes; +Cc: gcc-help

On 11/1/05, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes  wrote:
> but the file glib.h is not in the currenty directory to be around "".
> Why that was not write like #include <glib.h>

When including file with "" , gcc first of
all should look in current directory. But after that, it looks on it's
search path anyway, like with <>.

Regards,
 Dima.