* Using a compiler from a program
@ 2006-03-16 16:05 Daniel Avalle Gonzalez
From: Daniel Avalle Gonzalez @ 2006-03-16 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello, excuse my english. I want to create a program that generates
code in c++, and later it compiles to code machine for its later
execution from the own program or to create a library. I want to make
this without using a external programs calls, but using a library or
functions designed for it.

My question is if gcc have any that makes this function or if exist
any alternative library or utility that make the same process to
create code machine of dynamic form for its later execution.

Thanks.

* Re: Using a compiler from a program
@ 2006-03-16 21:37 ` Heitzso
From: Heitzso @ 2006-03-16 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Avalle Gonzalez; +Cc: gcc-help

Silly memories .... early in web at CDC for data retrieval over
the web someone wrote a program such that when a CGI
request came it it wrote a custom program in C, compiled
it, and ran it to generate the HTML that was sent back to
the user.  That code ran for a long time on a single CPU
200mhz Pentium server.   Overhead to do all of that was
a second or two.  Not too shabby, considering.

Of course this predates PHP, ASP, Java, et al.
And its design was crude.  So nothing you could
leverage.

Good luck.