* kgcc
@ 2006-05-03 13:13 Muthu, Pushparaj IN GGN SISL
From: Muthu, Pushparaj IN GGN SISL @ 2006-05-03 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

    Hi

    I want to install kgcc compiler in my linux pc ( red hat 7.2.) . Could any one suggest me url to get kgcc compiler package.

   Thanks and Regards
   pushparaj.M

* Re: kgcc
@ 2006-05-03 23:09 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2006-05-03 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

"Muthu, Pushparaj IN GGN SISL" wrote:

>     I want to install kgcc compiler in my linux pc ( red hat 7.2.) . Could any one suggest me url to get kgcc compiler package.

I have no idea what this "kgcc" is.

You can find all the sources to every released version of gcc at the
standard mirror locations, e.g. <ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/>.

If you do not already have a working C compiler you will not be able to
build another compiler from source.  If that is the case you should
install gcc using the binary packages provided by your
distribution/vender.  See for example
<http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/7.2/updates/i386/>.

Be aware that using a recent version of GCC on such an ancient and
obsolute system as RH7.2 is probably not going to work.  This is another
reason why you should use the binary packages of the compiler provided
by your distro.  Yet another reason is that bootstrapping a functioning
compiler from source is not always a simple process.

Brian