Hello, I wanted to compile gcc 4.1.0 for a powerpc-eabi target using newlib, but libstdc++-v3's configure fails with the following error message: checking for shared libgcc… configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES This error is produced at line # 87576 in configure. This happens both on a Darwin 8.6.0 and a Windows XP Cygwin machine. I have no trouble building 3.x gcc's so in the meantime I'll stick with on of these. Please find attached the bzipped config.log. Any pointers are appreciated. Cheers, Hermann