* gcc compiler help
@ 2006-07-09 19:19 Ben Dean
From: Ben Dean @ 2006-07-09 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am trying to run GCC on mac OSX 10.3.9 and keep encountering the same error.
 to the command "gcc (or gcc2, gcc3, g++, etc) code.c" I get the message
"ld: can't locate the file for: -lcrt1.o"
does this just mean I am missing part of the program, and if so, what is the
easiest way to get and reinstall it?
thanks for your help
ben

* Re: gcc compiler help
@ 2006-07-09 19:59 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2006-07-09 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Dean; +Cc: gcc-help

Ben Dean wrote:
> I am trying to run GCC on mac OSX 10.3.9 and keep encountering the same error.
>  to the command "gcc (or gcc2, gcc3, g++, etc) code.c" I get the message
> "ld: can't locate the file for: -lcrt1.o"
> does this just mean I am missing part of the program, and if so, what is the
> easiest way to get and reinstall it?

libcrt1.o does not come with gcc; typically it is part of glibc.  You
should find more specific advice about your installation with Google
etc.  If you installed a full gcc development package, e.g. with linux,
that file, and the path required for linking, should be set up
automatically.  Paths used by gcc are shown by
gcc -print-search-dirs