* yacc Error when building GCC from source tar
@ 2006-07-14 18:33 sean yang
From: sean yang @ 2006-07-14 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: seanatpurdue

When I build GCC on my Free-BSD box, I met the following error. My yacc is a
berkeley yacc. Did someone meet this problem before? Can you give some
suggestion about the error? Thanks,

#which byacc
/usr/bin/byacc
#which yacc
/usr/bin/yacc

#../gcc/configure --prefix=/home/local_compiler/obj-gcc
--enable-languages=c,fortran
#make
gcc -c  -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I../../gcc/intl
../../gcc/intl/ngettext.c
byacc --name-prefix=__gettext --output plural.c ../../gcc/intl/plural.y
usage: yacc [-dlrtv] [-b file_prefix] [-o output_filename]
            [-p symbol_prefix] filename
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/local_compiler/obj-gcc/intl.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/local_compiler/obj-gcc

DonÂ’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!

* Re: yacc Error when building GCC from source tar
@ 2006-07-14 21:48 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2006-07-14 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

sean yang wrote:

> When I build GCC on my Free-BSD box, I met the following error. My yacc is a
> berkeley yacc. Did someone meet this problem before? Can you give some
> suggestion about the error? Thanks,

You should install GNU bison and re-run configure.

You shouldn't need either yacc or bison though if you are building from
a tarball, unless something caused your timestamps to be incorrect.  The
generated files should be included in the tarball.

Brian