* REAGARDING COPYING DATA OBJECT
@ 2006-10-13 18:51 h2005422
From: h2005422 @ 2006-10-13 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Respected sir:

I am working on generational garbage collector.Now i am implemented my
malloc fuction.But now i am facing lot of problems in copying live data
object from one genration to another.Kindly help me to get the way of
copying data object from one genration to another.

Thank You
Amit Prakash

* Fetch, prefetch and hard ware prefetch
@ 2006-10-13 22:27 ` ranjith kumar
From: ranjith kumar @ 2006-10-13 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I have the following queries

1)What does the meaning of "fetch".

2)What does the meaning of "prefetch".

3)What does the meaning of "hardware-prefetch".

4) what is the difference among them?

5) Can any one tell any free mail services to get
answers to questions about Pentium-4 processor
details?

Thanking you.

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

* Re: Fetch, prefetch and hard ware prefetch
@ 2006-10-13 22:36   ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2006-10-13 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ranjith kumar; +Cc: gcc-help

ranjith kumar wrote:

> 1)What does the meaning of "fetch".
>
> 2)What does the meaning of "prefetch".
>
> 3)What does the meaning of "hardware-prefetch".
>
> 4) what is the difference among them?
>
> 5) Can any one tell any free mail services to get
> answers to questions about Pentium-4 processor
> details?

http://www.intel.com/design/pentium4/manuals/index_new.htm

* Re: Fetch, prefetch and hard ware prefetch
@ 2006-10-13 22:40 Timothy C Prince
From: Timothy C Prince @ 2006-10-13 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ranjit_kumar_b4u; +Cc: gcc-help

3)What does the meaning of "hardware-prefetch".

4) what is the difference among them?

There's a lot more information readily found by your search engine than we could repeat here, particularly since you appear to be off topic.

Tim Prince