* gcc for ppc
@ 2006-11-28  6:56 Y Khan
From: Y Khan @ 2006-11-28  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

Can someone tell me where to get pre-built gcc for
ppc. I am unable to build it myself. I tried google
and followed the procedure on some of the pages but
couldn't build it. My host is i386.

Thanks in advance,

-YKhan

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

* Re: gcc for ppc
@ 2006-11-28  8:52 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2006-11-28  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Y Khan; +Cc: gcc-help

Y Khan writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Can someone tell me where to get pre-built gcc for
 > ppc. I am unable to build it myself. I tried google
 > and followed the procedure on some of the pages but
 > couldn't build it. My host is i386.

We need more info.  What OS?

Andrew.

* Re: gcc for ppc
@ 2006-11-29  5:46   ` Y Khan
From: Y Khan @ 2006-11-29  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley; +Cc: gcc-help

--- Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:

> Y Khan writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > Can someone tell me where to get pre-built gcc
> for
>  > ppc. I am unable to build it myself. I tried
> google
>  > and followed the procedure on some of the pages
> but
>  > couldn't build it. My host is i386.
>
> We need more info.  What OS?
>
> Andrew.

It is linux. I wanted to compile linux kernel for ppc
on my linux i386 host.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited

* Re: gcc for ppc
@ 2006-11-29 10:31     ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2006-11-29 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Y Khan; +Cc: gcc-help

Y Khan writes:

 > --- Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
 >
 > > Y Khan writes:
 > >  > Hi,
 > >  >
 > >  > Can someone tell me where to get pre-built gcc
 > > for
 > >  > ppc. I am unable to build it myself. I tried
 > > google
 > >  > and followed the procedure on some of the pages
 > > but
 > >  > couldn't build it. My host is i386.
 > >
 > > We need more info.  What OS?

 > It is linux. I wanted to compile linux kernel for ppc
 > on my linux i386 host.

OK, so you want an i386-linux to PPC cross-compiler.

I don't know of any pre-built ones.  But honestly, if you can't figure
out how to build it you're not going to be able to use it either.

Andrew.

* Re: gcc for ppc
@ 2006-11-29 12:51     ` Michael Eager
From: Michael Eager @ 2006-11-29 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Y Khan; +Cc: Andrew Haley, gcc-help

Take a look at the ELDK at http://www.denx.de.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077