* GUI programming
@ 2006-12-22 16:46 Tushar kant
From: Tushar kant @ 2006-12-22 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

My name is Tushar Kant, I am a hobby programmer. I wish to create
GUI's using gcc. Could you guide me as to how to do the same easily.

Thank you.

* RE: GUI programming
@ 2006-12-22 17:29 ` John (Eljay) Love-Jensen
From: John (Eljay) Love-Jensen @ 2006-12-22 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tushar kant, gcc-help

Hi Tushar,

> My name is Tushar Kant, I am a hobby programmer. I wish to create GUI's using gcc. Could you guide me as to how to do the same easily.

Sure.

Get GCC.

Get the API documentation for X11 or OpenGL or CoreGraphics or GDI+ or WPF or DirectDraw or SpriteWorld or SDL or Tcl/Tk or whatever graphics facility you prefer.

Use your favorite editor to write your C or C++ source code using your prefered graphics API.

In your source code, use the graphics API of your choice (X11, CoreGraphics, GDI+, et cetera).

Compile with gcc (for C) or g++ (for C++).  Make sure you link to your graphics API library.

Run your application.

Sincerely,
--Eljay

* Re: GUI programming
@ 2006-12-25  1:02 ` Michael Eager
From: Michael Eager @ 2006-12-25  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tushar kant; +Cc: gcc-help

Tushar kant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Tushar Kant, I am a hobby programmer. I wish to create
> GUI's using gcc. Could you guide me as to how to do the same easily.

There are many ways to do GUI programming.  Here's a suggestion:

Install gcc on your system.  Gcc installs on Linux, Unix, Mac, or Cygwin.

Instal wxwidgets.  Read "Cross-Platform GUI Programming
with wxWidgets" by Smart, Hock, and Csomor.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077