* Cross compiler usage help
@ 2007-01-11 10:37 Deepak Barua
From: Deepak Barua @ 2007-01-11 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi ,
      I have used crosstool to compile a ARM tool chain for a TI board
but i don't know how i can use it... meaning instead of sing my system
gcc i want to use the ARM cross compiler gcc stored with it's include
files and such in a seperate directory ....

Where do i find instructions ...?

Regards
Deepak

--
Code Code Code Away

* Re: Cross compiler usage help
@ 2007-01-11 16:38 ` Michael Eager
From: Michael Eager @ 2007-01-11 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepak Barua; +Cc: gcc-help

Deepak Barua wrote:
> Hi ,
>      I have used crosstool to compile a ARM tool chain for a TI board
> but i don't know how i can use it... meaning instead of sing my system
> gcc i want to use the ARM cross compiler gcc stored with it's include
> files and such in a seperate directory ....

It's not quite clear what you want to do.

If you built and installed arm-gcc at /usr/local/bin,
for example, you execute /usr/local/bin/arm-gcc foo.c.

--
Michael Eager	 eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077

* Re: Cross compiler usage help
@ 2007-01-11 18:03   ` Deepak Barua
From: Deepak Barua @ 2007-01-11 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Eager; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Micheal,
                I kind of figured it out .. i wanted to use a cross
compiler and compile the linux kernel for my OMAP 5912 ARM processor
board...

so just did
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=compiler path oldconfig

and then

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=compiler path

Thanks for you help.

Regards
Deepak