* Re: Just the "compile" button
@ 2007-01-11 13:49 John Jackson
From: John Jackson @ 2007-01-11 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Thanks v. much to Andrew and Hugh.  I'll take their
advice, and take this to another list!

Cheers,

John J

Have a burning question?

* Re: Just the "compile" button
@ 2007-01-11 20:30 ` Dave Williss
From: Dave Williss @ 2007-01-11 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Jackson; +Cc: gcc-help

Been programming since 1983, huh?  I did my first commercial app on an
Apple ][e in the summer of '83 too.  A custom job for an educational
service unit to keep track of billing and scheduling their speech
pathologists.  Ah, the nostalgia...

Anyway, you probably want to run gcc from a command line.  On Mac OS,
you can get a command shell by going to Applications / Utilities /
Terminal.  This gives you a normal Unix command shell and you can use
Makefiles and everything that you're probably used to.  GUI IDE's are
for wimps! :-)

-Dave Williss