* GCC for Brew Applications!!!
@ 2007-02-01  6:06 aamir
From: aamir @ 2007-02-01  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

 I am writing an application for brew devices, as I need to compile my
application using GCC compiler in order to run it on a device. I already
visit your site twice but didnt find any appropriate link to download the
compiler or may be I am looking at a wrong side. So it will be very
helpfull for me if you give me the exact link or name that I can use to
download an appropriate compiler.

Thanx and Regards,
Ayaz Virani.

* Re: GCC for Brew Applications!!!
@ 2007-02-01  9:29 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2007-02-01  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aamir; +Cc: gcc-help

aamir@pixsense.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I am writing an application for brew devices, as I need to compile my
> application using GCC compiler in order to run it on a device. I already
> visit your site twice but didnt find any appropriate link to download the
> compiler or may be I am looking at a wrong side. So it will be very
> helpfull for me if you give me the exact link or name that I can use to
> download an appropriate compiler.

If you aren't spamming us, you should put some effort into making your
message intelligible.  How are we to know if you aren't looking at the
gcc site gcc.gnu.org if you refuse to tell us?

* Re: GCC for Brew Applications!!!
@ 2007-02-01 17:59 ` Kai Ruottu
From: Kai Ruottu @ 2007-02-01 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aamir; +Cc: gcc-help

aamir@pixsense.com wrote:
>  I am writing an application for brew devices, as I need to compile my
> application using GCC compiler in order to run it on a device.
 Hmmm, "brew"... "brewery", "beer",... This is the famous "free beer"
brand?  GCC is
free and maybe you thought that you can become drunken from this free beer?

> I already visit your site twice but didnt find any appropriate link to download the
> compiler or may be I am looking at a wrong side.
 "Download the compiler" = "Enjoy the beer"?  Nice new term for this
subject!

> So it will be very helpfull for me if you give me the exact link or name that I can use to
> download an appropriate compiler.

Seriously, I didn't understand your "brew" at all, the
'www.pixsense.com' gave some
photos...

Maybe the "brew devices" are some (PC-based?) special "embedded
computers"....
I put that "PC-based" because this is the cheapest general-purpose
hardware nowadays.
Then maybe they use Windoze and would need a C/C++ compiler for Windoze...
If not, then you should tell what is the CPU, what the "operating
system" in these "brew
devices" if not the Microsoft "Windoze"!

When you have some sane data to  tell, be welcome to ask more!

* Re: GCC for Brew Applications!!!
@ 2007-02-01 18:19   ` tmike
From: tmike @ 2007-02-01 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Brew applications run on CDMA handsets, this is a Qualcomm environment.
ergo, our pixsense gentleman needs to build a cross-version of gcc to
support (probably) an ARM target without Linux.  Brew runs on top of
QCs realtime kernel called REX.

He should look at cross-tools if he doesn't have experience building
gcc for a cross environment.

Cheers,
T.mike

@ 2007-02-01 18:44     ` Kai Ruottu
From: Kai Ruottu @ 2007-02-01 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

tmike@recipes4linux.com wrote:

> Brew applications run on CDMA handsets, this is a Qualcomm environment.
> ergo, our pixsense gentleman needs to build a cross-version of gcc to
> support (probably) an ARM target without Linux.  Brew runs on top of
> QCs realtime kernel called REX.
 Ok, I already looked with Google using "Brew applications" and that
gave data
about ARM7TDMI in some old article coming as the first hit...  So maybe
it would
be best to use Google or  something,  the situation being quite similar
to needing
tools for the Symbian OS, then 'www.forum.nokia.com' or something would give
them.  Maybe Qualcomm provides free prebuilt toolchains...

> He should look at cross-tools if he doesn't have experience building
> gcc for a cross environment.
 Producing crosscompilers even for the "usual" targets, 'arm-elf',
'arm*-linux-gnu'
etc. seems to be quite tough for many... So prebuilt tools can be a sane
choice.
"Practice with a prebuilt car before starting to build your own, if
never seen a car
before"...  With them the 'http://www.gnuarm.org' could be a place to
start, but not
with Symbian and seemingly not with this "BREW" either...

* Re: GCC for Brew Applications!!!
@ 2007-02-01 19:11       ` Kai Ruottu
From: Kai Ruottu @ 2007-02-01 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Kai Ruottu wrote:
> tmike@recipes4linux.com wrote:
>>
>> Brew applications run on CDMA handsets, this is a Qualcomm environment.
> Ok, I already looked with Google using "Brew applications" and that
> gave data
> about ARM7TDMI in some old article coming as the first hit...  So
> maybe it would
> be best to use Google or  something,
Inventing right words for the search could be too hard :-)  I myself
tried the "GCC for Brew"
(this shamelessly stealed from the subject text just as the earlier
one.  I like all kind of recycling,
even for words!)  and that gave first the :

   http://www.mamlambo.com/writing/articles/000049.html

and this having a link to the  "Gnude" toolchain. Free prebuilt ARM
toolchains  may
nowadays be tens on the net.  One only must try to find them :-(