* Accessing symbol table to find function given address
@ 2007-05-26 20:37 Paulo J. Matos
From: Paulo J. Matos @ 2007-05-26 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello all,

Is there a way to access the symbol table during runtime to know which
function belongs to a given address. The problem is to print the
function name if I am instrumenting functions. I get the address, can
I during runtime print the function name? (or the solution is get it
through addr2line after program as run)?

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS