* static links
@ 2007-11-28 12:05 DHConsultancy
From: DHConsultancy @ 2007-11-28 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, DH Consultancy

Hi,

I'm trying to build a Fortran application using gfortran. I need both a
dll, and a static library. I managed to create both, my question now is
how to build a static gfortran application linking in the .dll or .a. If
I link in .dll or .a, I get the error that .dll cannot be found.

Is there a way to build a "stand-alone" application, i.e. in which the
.dll is statically linked and the application doesn't need to reference
it at runtime?

Thanks in advance!

--
D. Heynderickx

DH Consultancy
Diestsestraat 133/3
B-3000 Leuven
Belgium
E-mail: DHConsultancy@skynet.be
Tel: +32-16-225860
GSM: +32-474-217768

* Re: static links
@ 2007-11-28 18:28 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2007-11-28 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DHConsultancy; +Cc: gcc-help

DHConsultancy <DHConsultancy@skynet.be> writes:

> I'm trying to build a Fortran application using gfortran. I need both
> a dll, and a static library. I managed to create both, my question now
> is how to build a static gfortran application linking in the .dll or
> .a. If I link in .dll or .a, I get the error that .dll cannot be found.
>
> Is there a way to build a "stand-alone" application, i.e. in which the
> .dll is statically linked and the application doesn't need to
> reference it at runtime?

At the risk of stating the obvious: have you tried the -static option?

Ian