* precision of complex numbers
@ 2008-03-13 12:08 Dima Sorkin
From: Dima Sorkin @ 2008-03-13 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi.
 What is the portable way of declaring a double-precision complex variable
in Fortran? - i.e. complex number consistent of two double precision reals.

  I would like to ensure that both g77 and gfortran will understand it as such
in both '.f77' and '.f95' file.

Thanks,
  Dima.

* Re: precision of complex numbers
@ 2008-03-15  1:08 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2008-03-15  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dima Sorkin; +Cc: gcc-help

Dima Sorkin wrote:
> Hi.
>  What is the portable way of declaring a double-precision complex variable
> in Fortran? - i.e. complex number consistent of two double precision reals.
>
>   I would like to ensure that both g77 and gfortran will understand it as such
> in both '.f77' and '.f95' file.

Fortran 77 didn't have a portable double precision complex.  No gnu
compiler uses .f77 or .f95 file name suffixes to make any such
distinction.   gfortran supports "nearly all of the GNU language
extensions supported by g77."