* Help regarding input.
@ 2008-03-12 15:49 Tushar kant
From: Tushar kant @ 2008-03-12 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi, i'm Tushar kant....i'm in school and for we have c in our
course...in our books they've mentioned using gets for line input and
getchar for un  buffered character input but both don't seen to work
very well with gcc....could you help out as to why is it so and how to
remedy this.

* Re: Help regarding input.
@ 2008-03-12 15:52 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-03-12 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tushar kant; +Cc: gcc-help

Tushar kant wrote:
> Hi, i'm Tushar kant....i'm in school and for we have c in our
> course...in our books they've mentioned using gets for line input and
> getchar for un  buffered character input but both don't seen to work
> very well with gcc....could you help out as to why is it so and how to
> remedy this.

Works for me.

How about you send a sample program and tell us what doesn't work.

We need to know OS, gcc version, etc.

Andrew.

* Re: Help regarding input.
@ 2008-03-15  1:27 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2008-03-15  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tushar kant; +Cc: gcc-help

Tushar kant wrote:
> Hi, i'm Tushar kant....i'm in school and for we have c in our
> course...in our books they've mentioned using gets for line input and
> getchar for un  buffered character input but both don't seen to work
> very well with gcc....could you help out as to why is it so and how to
> remedy this.
Wikipedia might help you get useful answers quicker, in case your books
are so deficient.  Usual etiquette is to perform preliminary
investigations and report how your situation isn't covered by the answers
you found.