* Using GCC compiler
@ 2008-04-07  9:02 Anton Tikhomirov
From: Anton Tikhomirov @ 2008-04-07  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

As we're planning to compile our closed (commercial) product using GCC
compiler, new question arises - should we mention that we used GCC
compiler and where (documentation?)

Thanks

* Re: Using GCC compiler
@ 2008-04-07 10:47 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-04-07 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Tikhomirov; +Cc: gcc-help

Anton Tikhomirov wrote:

> As we're planning to compile our closed (commercial) product using GCC
> compiler, new question arises - should we mention that we used GCC
> compiler and where (documentation?)

We would be happy for you to do that, but as far as I am aware the
GNU General Public License imposes no requirement on you to do so.

The full licence terms are contained in the COPYING file distributed
with gcc.  Also check the additional terms in the file libgcc2.c that
cover distributing the gcc libraries that are linked with your binary
when you compile with gcc.

Andrew.