* source code for math functions
@ 2008-04-17  2:39 richard lee
From: richard lee @ 2008-04-17  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Does anyone know how to retrieve the source code
for the math functions for gcc?  I am particularly
interested in the long double functions.  I am
using mingw running under windows xp, and the version
I have is very buggy when it comes to the long double
routines.

I looked on the gcc.gnu.org web site, but I can't
find the forest for the trees.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Be a better friend, newshound, and

* Re: source code for math functions
@ 2008-04-17  5:07 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2008-04-17  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: richard lee; +Cc: gcc-help

richard lee wrote:

> Does anyone know how to retrieve the source code
> for the math functions for gcc?  I am particularly
> interested in the long double functions.  I am
> using mingw running under windows xp, and the version
> I have is very buggy when it comes to the long double
> routines.
>
> I looked on the gcc.gnu.org web site, but I can't
> find the forest for the trees.

gcc doesn't include a math library.  It is just the compiler, not the C
library.  In the case of MinGW the C library is MSVCRT.DLL.  And yes,
MSVCRT support for long double is incomplete, however it is somewhat
augmented by libmingwex which provides some missing long double support.

If you mean the C library used with linux, then you want to look at
glibc not gcc.  But I'm not sure how that will help you when using
MinGW.

Brian