* Using libgcc library in commercial product
@ 2008-05-13  8:16 Anton Tikhomirov
From: Anton Tikhomirov @ 2008-05-13  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

We're using libgcc in our project (commercial), but its license is
GPL, but also we heard about special exception for this library.
Can you give an example of such exception (if it exists), so we can
use libgcc without worry

Thanks in advance

* Re: Using libgcc library in commercial product
@ 2008-05-13  9:14 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-05-13  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Tikhomirov; +Cc: gcc-help

Anton Tikhomirov wrote:

> We're using libgcc in our project (commercial), but its license is
> GPL, but also we heard about special exception for this library.
> Can you give an example of such exception (if it exists), so we can
> use libgcc without worry

Yes, the exception is there.  The licence is the first 30 lines of gcc/libgcc2.c.

Andrew.