* Question about testsuite for 4.3.1 on mac for newbie
@ 2008-08-18  8:52 Brett Grant
From: Brett Grant @ 2008-08-18  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

So this is the first time that I have compiled gcc - ever.  Anyway, I
compiled on my Intel Mac for ada,c,c++,& fortran and all seemed
well.  When I ran make -k check it ran for a while and then just
stopped.  Is there a way to see what happened?  I poked through the
testsuite directories and it appears that some of them have been
populated, but I have no idea on how to interpret the results, or
even to know what files to look for.

The resulting compiler works just fine, so I don't know what is up.

Thanks,
Brett

* Re: Question about testsuite for 4.3.1 on mac for newbie
@ 2008-08-18 10:55 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2008-08-18 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Grant, GCC-help

Hi Brett,

Where did you install the prerequisite tools & packages?
e.g.
/Users/brett/bin
as per...
<http://gcc.gnu.org/install/> Step 1. Prerequisites

What was the location of your source directory?
e.g.
/Users/brett/gcc-4.3.1-src

What was the location of your build directory?
e.g.
/Users/brett/gcc-build

What was your configure line?
e.g.
cd /Users/brett/gcc-build
/Users/brett/gcc-4.3.1-src/configure

What was the output of "make -k check"?  Or did it just stop, without any
output?

Thanks,
--Eljay

* Re: Question about testsuite for 4.3.1 on mac for newbie
@ 2008-08-18 17:46 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-08-18 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Grant; +Cc: gcc-help

Brett Grant wrote:
> So this is the first time that I have compiled gcc - ever.  Anyway, I
> compiled on my Intel Mac for ada,c,c++,& fortran and all seemed well.
> When I ran make -k check it ran for a while and then just stopped.  Is
> there a way to see what happened?  I poked through the testsuite
> directories and it appears that some of them have been populated, but I
> have no idea on how to interpret the results, or even to know what files
> to look for.
>
> The resulting compiler works just fine, so I don't know what is up.

There are log files: look for *.log.

Andrew.