From: Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net>
To: brownfranklin2@verizon.net
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: stubs-32.h missing.
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 03:02:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Franklin Brown wrote:

> Thank you for replying.  I typed in the following command: CFLAGS -m64
> ./configure --disable-multilib and was able to get cpp to work but still got

If you --disable-multilib you shouldn't need to set any CFLAGS.  Also
configuring in the source dir is not a good idea, have a look at
<http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html>.

> errors.  Tried installing the glibc package but was unsuccessfull.  I am
> going to try an earlier version of gcc - 4.2.2 to see if that resolves the
> problem.  If not, then I will have to investigate why glibc isn't working
> properly.

Pretty much all versions of gcc on x86_64 will require that header.
It's not that glibc is not working, it's that you don't have parts of
glibc installed.  I'm confident that every x86_64 distro out there has
the required support package in easy-to-install form because it's
required to support "gcc -m32".  It's just that they name it various
things.

> BTW, what is the address that I can type into outlook express to view this
> newsgroup.  This would make it easier to search the threads when I need
> information.  Thanks.

Personally, I do all searching of the mailing list with google.  As in
the URL I gave initially, you can use the keywords site:gcc.gnu.org
inurl:ml inurl:"gcc-help" to restrict the seach to just the archives of
this list (or other gcc mailing lists if you wish.)

Fundamentally this is a mailing list, not a newsgroup, so any newsgroup
interface that you find will be through a third party gateway.  You can
try gmane for example: <http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gcc.help>.

Brian