* libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetIPInfo@GCC_4.2.0'
@ 2008-08-26  2:22 Simon Elbaz
From: Simon Elbaz @ 2008-08-26  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
The version of my compiler is: gcc 4.3.1
When I try to compile a C++ program, I get this error:

/usr/local/gcc//lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to
`_Unwind_GetIPInfo@GCC_4.2.0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [adamad] Error 1

What can I do to compile the program without this error?

Thaks for your help
Simon

* Re: libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetIPInfo@GCC_4.2.0'
@ 2008-08-26 11:38 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-08-26 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Elbaz; +Cc: gcc-help

Simon Elbaz wrote:

> The version of my compiler is: gcc 4.3.1
> When I try to compile a C++ program, I get this error:
>
> /usr/local/gcc//lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to
> `_Unwind_GetIPInfo@GCC_4.2.0'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [adamad] Error 1
>
> What can I do to compile the program without this error?

Something has gone wrong with your gcc installation.  You need
to install the compiler again.  The most likely reason for this
problem is that you have a mixture of compiler and libraries.

Andrew.

* Re: libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetIPInfo@GCC_4.2.0'
@ 2008-08-26 16:12   ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-08-26 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Elbaz; +Cc: gcc-help

Andrew Haley wrote:
> Simon Elbaz wrote:
>
>> The version of my compiler is: gcc 4.3.1
>> When I try to compile a C++ program, I get this error:
>>
>> /usr/local/gcc//lib/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to
>> `_Unwind_GetIPInfo@GCC_4.2.0'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[2]: *** [adamad] Error 1
>>
>> What can I do to compile the program without this error?
>
> Something has gone wrong with your gcc installation.  You need
> to install the compiler again.  The most likely reason for this
> problem is that you have a mixture of compiler and libraries.

One other possibility to check: you may have an old version of
libstdc++.so in /usr/local and your LD_LIBRARY_PATH points into there.

Andrew.

* Re: libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetIPInfo@GCC_4.2.0'
@ 2008-08-27 22:20   ` Simon Elbaz
From: Simon Elbaz @ 2008-08-27 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley; +Cc: gcc-help

That was the point. After cleaning old gcc installations and a new
install, the error is no more present.
Thx
Simon