* error when porting from f77 for Sun to g77 for linux
@ 2008-09-08  8:06 Lilia Ferrario
From: Lilia Ferrario @ 2008-09-08  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, lilia

When I run my fortran 77 program  compiled with g77  on my new Linux
desktop computer the execution stops with the following error:

STOP loop limit statement executed

The program does have a large number of nested do loops, but they never
gave any problems when I was running the same program compiled with f77
on a Sun workstation.
Does anybody know whether there is any compiling option that I can use
to work around this problem?

Thank you!

* RE: error when porting from f77 for Sun to g77 for linux
@ 2008-09-10  2:39 Bud Davis
From: Bud Davis @ 2008-09-10  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: lilia

Here are some hints:

#1.  read the info page on g77.  'info g77'   It is full of information on how to run fortran77 code from other compilers on g77

#2.  upgrade to gfortran.  the support will be much better.

feel free to post any questions to either (or both) gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org fortran@gcc.gnu.org

HTH,
bud davis