* Downgrading GCC version from 3.4.3 to 3.3.6
@ 2008-09-08  5:35 srinivas144
From: srinivas144 @ 2008-09-08  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hell All..
I am using RedHat Linux 4 machine in that machine i have Gcc ver. 3.4.3, but
now i want Gcc ver 3.3.6  for suport for other software.

I have downloaded soucecode but now i am not understanding how to configure
it and how to install it.
I have read Readme file in that but i can't understand, could you please
help me anyone.

Thanks,
Srinivas.Y

* Re: Downgrading GCC version from 3.4.3 to 3.3.6
@ 2008-09-08  9:04 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-09-08  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srinivas144; +Cc: gcc-help

srinivas144 wrote:

> I am using RedHat Linux 4 machine in that machine i have Gcc ver. 3.4.3, but
> now i want Gcc ver 3.3.6  for suport for other software.
>
> I have downloaded soucecode but now i am not understanding how to configure
> it and how to install it.
> I have read Readme file in that but i can't understand, could you please
> help me anyone.

/path/to/gcc/toplevel/sourcedir/configure
make
make install

... will install gcc in /usr/local

Andrew.

* Re: Downgrading GCC version from 3.4.3 to 3.3.6
@ 2008-09-09  4:42   ` srinivas144
From: srinivas144 @ 2008-09-09  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

i can understand u, could you please explain clearly.

Regards,
Srinivas.Y

@ 2008-09-09  9:26     ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-09-09  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srinivas144; +Cc: gcc-help

srinivas144 wrote:
> i can understand u, could you please explain clearly.

I don't understand your problem.  Which part of my reply do
you not understand?  Please tell me what you tried.

Andrew.