* Help getting your software.
@ 2009-03-26 16:07 CDT
From: CDT @ 2009-03-26 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm sorry but I've never used your software, or been to your site before.

I have no experience with your structure.
I'm looking for a C C++ compiler for windows 2000Pro
I have no idea what to download or what I need.
Your ReadMe's had might as well not exist as they say nothing and
don't give any help.

Please provide a help for us users who have no experience with Unix,
the non standard standard that has more flavors than Baskin and
Robbins. And any attempt at making a standard usually results with
OpenVMS being the first if not the only one that is complient.

* Re: Help getting your software.
@ 2009-03-26 16:29 ` John Fine
From: John Fine @ 2009-03-26 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: CDT

There are a few ports of gcc and related gnu software to Windows.
Probably the one you want is Mingw
http://www.mingw.org/
Another possibility is Cygwin
http://www.cygwin.com/

@ 2009-03-26 18:56   ` John Fine
From: John Fine @ 2009-03-26 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: CDT

Sorry, I was confused.  I thought you wanted gcc for Windows.

I guess you really want the free version of Visual C++
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vc/

I'm not impressed with the documentation of that either.  But if you
don't like that documentation, I'm not in any of the mailing lists or
forums where you should complain about it.

Windows ports of Unix projects typically have poor documentation.  If
there is decent documentation, it isn't easy to find from the support
web site.

Asking for help might work.  Complaining is less likely to work.