* Searching for a gcc option
       [not found] <612647203.284.1262636977809.JavaMail.root@stormy.trychlos.pwi>
@ 2010-01-04 20:35 ` Pierre Wieser
From: Pierre Wieser @ 2010-01-04 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: pwieser

Hi

I'am the maintainer of Nautilus-Actions, a Gnome application.

I'm afraid that my code may sometimes embed some sentences such as
    printf( "blah blah" );
instead of
    printf( "%s", "blah blah" );

For the second time, a Gentoo user complains about a syntax error
in the first form, probably due to a particular configuration option
of the Gentoo gcc.

Might someone be kind enough to point out which gcc option I should
use in order to be warned on this type of error, please ?
This may give better quality to my releases...

My current compilation options are:
-Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Werror -ansi -fstack-protector -Wno-overlength-strings -g -O2 -MT

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards
Pierre

* Re: Searching for a gcc option
@ 2010-01-04 22:39   ` Kevin P. Fleming
From: Kevin P. Fleming @ 2010-01-04 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Wieser; +Cc: gcc-help

Pierre Wieser wrote:

> I'm afraid that my code may sometimes embed some sentences such as
>     printf( "blah blah" );
> instead of
>     printf( "%s", "blah blah" );
>
> For the second time, a Gentoo user complains about a syntax error
> in the first form, probably due to a particular configuration option
> of the Gentoo gcc.
>
> Might someone be kind enough to point out which gcc option I should
> use in order to be warned on this type of error, please ?
> This may give better quality to my releases...

This is -Wformat.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming@digium.com