* cannot run many programs simultaneously
@ 2010-03-03 14:35 Anna Sidera
From: Anna Sidera @ 2010-03-03 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I wrote a gcc program and I am running it on a unix server that has 8 cpus. I have to run the program for different sets of input paramters. I run the program 6 times simultaneously with 6 different sets of input parameters. They run for some time and then they stop. However when I run only 3 of them simultaneously, and then run the other 3, they all finish successfully. Can you please advise me what to do?

I do not know if it is a bug or a problem with the memory the system allows me to use. The output of the ulimit -a command is the following:
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 88063
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 88063

Anna