* -mtune option for Intel Nehalem
@ 2010-04-12  6:02 Rayne
From: Rayne @ 2010-04-12  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

I can't seem to find the -mtune option for Intel Nehalem architectures (specifically Intel Xeon X5570). I was recommended -mtune=barcelona, but I got an error when compiling that. The closest is -mtune=nocona, which I believe is for the Core2 chips.

Are there any mtune options for Intel Nehalem (for any version of GCC)?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne

* Re: -mtune option for Intel Nehalem
@ 2010-04-13  1:47 Rayne
From: Rayne @ 2010-04-13  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I mostly just want to know if an option is avaliable for the Nehalem processors. If it happens that the newest version of GCC has such an option, then I can always upgrade to that version. I believe that Barcelona is an AMD processor, so I'm confused as to how that would work for an Intel Nehalem processor. As for -mtune=nocona, I've tried and there was no performance gain.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne