* Further GCJ questions.
@ 2011-06-07  4:35 Zachary Mitchell
From: Zachary Mitchell @ 2011-06-07  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have read the replies to this message, and have unfortunately found
it doesn't seem to answer my questions
[I have been handed back and forth a bit between the MINGW32
help people and here, apparently the place for GCJ Help]
  I wish to install the GCJ version 4.6.0 on MINGW32:
  I wish to compile it from source.  I have read the documentation,
  and don't find it useful for my situation.
I am running the MinGW32 environment, which has
gcc already installed as part of it's default MSYS 1.0
installation.  I ask the following:
-How do I
$> ./configure;make;install; GCJ 4.6
with success under mingw32?
-Does the GCJ 4.6.0 allow java code to be compiled
into Linux/Mac/Windows executables,
ie machine code for those operating systems?
-Even failing my verey first question, for a small Test.java program,
could I be given an example gcj command line
for a platform specific binary compilation?
-Is 4.6.0 considered stable, and does it support
new things in Java like Generics/autoboxing-unboxing/annotations/Enums?
-Does it work of a PATH/CLASSPATH variable?

* Re: Further GCJ questions.
@ 2011-06-07  8:50 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-06-07  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zac.j.m; +Cc: gcc-help

On 7 June 2011 01:36, Zachary Mitchell wrote:
> I have read the replies to this message, and have unfortunately found
> it doesn't seem to answer my questions

What part of http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-05/msg00411.html
didn't answer your questions?

Are you not receiving Andrew's replies?  He pointed you to that mail
again the other day.

> [I have been handed back and forth a bit between the MINGW32
> help people and here, apparently the place for GCJ Help]
>  I wish to install the GCJ version 4.6.0 on MINGW32:
>  I wish to compile it from source.  I have read the documentation,
>  and don't find it useful for my situation.
> I am running the MinGW32 environment, which has
> gcc already installed as part of it's default MSYS 1.0
> installation.  I ask the following:
> -How do I
> $> ./configure;make;install; GCJ 4.6
> with success under mingw32?

If you'd read the GCC install documentation (or Andrew's reply to you
last month) you'd know you should not run ./configure:
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure

If you are unsure what options to give to configure then get hold of a
working GCJ for mingw32 and run "gcj -v" which will show you how it
was configured.  You can probably use the same options.

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-05/msg00411.html

@ 2011-06-07  9:17   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-06-07  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zac.j.m; +Cc: gcc-help

On 7 June 2011 09:09, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 7 June 2011 01:36, Zachary Mitchell wrote:
>> I have read the replies to this message, and have unfortunately found
>> it doesn't seem to answer my questions
>
> What part of http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-05/msg00411.html
> didn't answer your questions?
>
> Are you not receiving Andrew's replies?  He pointed you to that mail
> again the other day.

I see you've put "Further GCJ questions" as the subject, but actually
they're exactly the same ones, so that's why you keep getting the same
answers.  If those answers don't help, maybe you should try asking
different questions to make it clearer what you're asking.