From: Ottavio Campana <ottavio@videotec.com>
To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: weird problem with c++ libraries and symbols
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:01:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Il 29/09/2011 17:36, Jonathan Wakely ha scritto:
> On 29 September 2011 14:36, Ottavio Campana wrote:

>>> You might get better answers if you provide the compiler and linker
>>> commands you're using to create the shared libraries and (some of) the
>>> errors you get, as it will show if you're missing out anything
>>> important and give a clue about which type of symbols are missing.
>>
>> Ok I try, but it's really a lot of stuff.
>
> But it makes it much more likely someone can see a problem.
>
> Another option is asking the LiveMedia developers list, as it's
> unlikely your problem is caused by GCC and someone there might have
> tried what you're doing.

I know, it has already been discussed in the past there, but only static
library are officially supported. The author does not exclude that it
can be done, but he does not give support.

Is it possible to write a library that works only if compiled
statically? This would be the first time for me that I'd see such a code...

Ottavio