* downloading gcc for MAC OS X snow leopard
@ 2012-01-05  1:09 Mary Ann jenkins
From: Mary Ann jenkins @ 2012-01-05  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I am trying to download the *.zip or *.tar file for free fortran,
but am having trouble finding the download site and actual down
load dmg.  Where is this.  I am being send in circles online at the moment.

   Mary Ann Jenkins, Associate Professor
   Department of Earth and Space Science and Engineering
   Faculty of Pure and Applied Science
   York University, 4700 Keele Street
   Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M3J 1P3

   Voice: (416) 736-2100 ext 22992
   Office: 130 Petrie Science and Engineering Building
   E-mail: maj@yorku.ca
   FAX: (416) 736-5817

* Re: downloading gcc for MAC OS X snow leopard
@ 2012-01-05  1:15 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2012-01-05  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mary Ann jenkins; +Cc: gcc-help

On 5 January 2012 01:08, Mary Ann jenkins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to download the *.zip or *.tar file for free fortran,
> but am having trouble finding the download site and actual down
> load dmg.  Where is this.  I am being send in circles online at the moment.

As it says at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html, the FSF does
not provide binaries of GCC, only source code.  If you want a dmg
package for Mac you'll have to get it from a third-party who packages
GCC for Mac. I searched for "Mac gfortran" and found
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries which has links to packages
provided by some of the GFortran maintainers.

* Re: downloading gcc for MAC OS X snow leopard
@ 2012-01-05 12:29 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2012-01-05 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 1/4/2012 8:08 PM, Mary Ann jenkins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to download the *.zip or *.tar file for free fortran,
> but am having trouble finding the download site and actual down
> load dmg. Where is this. I am being send in circles online at the moment.

As it says here http://www.webmo.net/support/fortran_osx.html the
primary download site for gfortran with mac installer is
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries#MacOS

--
Tim Prince