* Build completed GCJ, anyone?
@ 2012-04-16  6:03 Me Myself and I
From: Me Myself and I @ 2012-04-16  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, java

Is there anyone out there in cygwin land, GNU land or GCJ land who can give me a URL

address for a GCJ that will run on windows (default or cygwin mode) that has been been completedly

and operates successfully?  I simply can't succeed in building a GCJ, that compiles classes or windows binaries,

supports Java 1.6 syntax, that finishes being built (successfully), and that does the job?

?

* Re: Build completed GCJ, anyone?
@ 2012-04-16  8:11 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2012-04-16  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Me Myself and I; +Cc: gcc-help, java

On 16 April 2012 07:03, Me Myself and I wrote:

> Is there anyone out there in cygwin land, GNU land or GCJ land who can give me a URL
>
> address for a GCJ that will run on windows (default or cygwin mode) that has been been completedly
>
> and operates successfully?  I simply can't succeed in building a GCJ, that compiles classes or windows binaries,
>
> supports Java 1.6 syntax, that finishes being built (successfully), and that does the job?
>
> ?

No.

* RE: Build completed GCJ, anyone?
@ 2012-04-16  8:58   ` Me Myself and I
From: Me Myself and I @ 2012-04-16  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, java

I'm just politely asking, but why not?  It would solve my problems.

@ 2012-04-16 11:24     ` Kevin P. Fleming
From: Kevin P. Fleming @ 2012-04-16 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 04/16/2012 03:58 AM, Me Myself and I wrote:

> I'm just politely asking, but why not?  It would solve my problems.

Why not? There is no way to definitively answer why something does *not*
exist. Why aren't we all commuting to the moon? Why hasn't cancer been
cured?

The reason that he answered 'No' is because you've asked this same
(albeit poorly formed) question at least six times over the past few
months on this mailing list, and nobody has answered affirmatively. If
anyone on this list had a pre-built compiler to offer you, they would
likely have done so by now. Granted, the list does gain new subscribers
and it's possible one of them might have what you are looking for, but
given how rarely GCJ on Windows is used (it appears), that seems unlikely.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kfleming@digium.com | SIP: kpfleming@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming