* Error During make bootstrap while installing Gcc 3.2.1 on Fedora core 4
@ 2005-07-18 12:18 tina raj
From: tina raj @ 2005-07-18 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu; +Cc: gcc-help

Greetings,
I am trying to install Gcc3.2.1 on Fedora Core 4.
Already Gcc 4.0 is installed and I am trying to
install Gcc3.2.1 in my own directory.
I am facing the following error when I do make
bootstrap

nat1: warning: command line option "-Wtraditional" is
valid for C/ObjC but not
for Ada
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Backend_Divide_Checks
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Backend_Overflow_Checks
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Configurable_Run_Time
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Duration_32_Bits
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Exit_Status_Supported
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Fractional_Fixed_Ops
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Preallocated_Stacks
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Support_64_Bit_Divides
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Support_Aggregates
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Support_Composite_Assign
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Support_Composite_Compare
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Support_Long_Shifts
fatal error: system.ads is incorrectly formatted
missing line for parameter: Suppress_Standard_Library
compilation abandoned
make[3]: *** [ada.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/manas/tina/gcc-3.2/objdir/gcc/ada'
make[2]: *** [gnat1] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/manas/tina/gcc-3.2/objdir/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/manas/tina/gcc-3.2/objdir/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Can someone tell me how to resolve this.
I have set the configure as below
../configure --prefix=/static --disable-nls
--disable-shared --with-as=$LFS/static/bin/as
--with-ld=$LFS/static/bin/ld
--enable-languages='all,c,ada'

help much appreciated
Thanks
Tina

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: Error During make bootstrap while installing Gcc 3.2.1 on  Fedora core 4
@ 2005-07-18 12:22 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2005-07-18 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tina raj, gnu; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi Tina,

You ran "../configure".

You cannot configure and build GCC in the GCC source directory, nor in any subdirectory thereof.

HTH,
--Eljay

* Re: Error During make bootstrap while installing Gcc 3.2.1 on Fedora core 4
@ 2005-07-18 16:17 ` Arturas Moskvinas
From: Arturas Moskvinas @ 2005-07-18 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tina raj; +Cc: gcc-help

> Greetings,
> I am trying to install Gcc3.2.1 on Fedora Core 4.
> Already Gcc 4.0 is installed and I am trying to
> install Gcc3.2.1 in my own directory.
> I am facing the following error when I do make
> bootstrap

You exactly need gcc 3.2.1 version, maybe it is ok to use 3.2.3? (then
you can download gcc compat package from Fedora core repositary???)

yum install compat-gcc-32

Arturas M.
P.S.: when you'll want to call gcc 3.2.3 you'll have to use "gcc32 some.c"