* [gnu.org #247421] Error During make bootstrap while installing Gcc 3.2.1 on Fedora core 4
       [not found] <rt-247421@gnu.org>
@ 2005-07-20 15:37 ` Tony Wieczorek via RT
From: Tony Wieczorek via RT @ 2005-07-20 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tinaraj_78; +Cc: gcc-help, gnu

I'm sorry, but as this is only a general contact address, I cannot
properly answer technical questions such as yours.  The best I can do is
refer you to the GCC Manual (http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/) and
Frequently Asked Questions (http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html).  If neither of
those provide an answer to your question, please contact the GCC users'
help list; you can learn more about it at <http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html>.

I am sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

--
Tony Wieczorek
Program Assistant

Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St. Fifth Floor
Boston, MA 02110 USA

* Re: [gnu.org #247421] Error During make bootstrap while installing Gcc 3.2.1 on Fedora core 4
@ 2005-07-20 20:51   ` Arturas Moskvinas
From: Arturas Moskvinas @ 2005-07-20 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: tinaraj_78, gcc-help

> > Greetings,
> > I am trying to install Gcc3.2.1 on Fedora Core 4.
> > Already Gcc 4.0 is installed and I am trying to
> > install Gcc3.2.1 in my own directory.
> > I am facing the following error when I do make
> > bootstrap
Do you exactly need GCC 3.2.1? Or maybe it is ok to use GCC 3.2.3? If
it is ok, then install compatability compiler from fedora core 4 (yum
install compat-gcc-32). Then when you will want to use gcc 3.2.3, type
"gcc32 some.c"

Arturas M.
P.S.: i think you'll find more "compat" packages for fedora core 4.