* Re: gcc switch for reading compiler options from a file
       [not found] <A9EA4AD6F6B9D511BBED00508B66C69A01103948@fmsmsx111.fm.inte l.com>
@ 2002-01-11 15:39 ` Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci
From: Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci @ 2002-01-11 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Moran-Strilchuk, Mike, gcc-help

At 14.26 11/01/2002 (GMT -0800), Moran-Strilchuk, Mike wrote:
>I'm looking for the switch to use on the command line so that I can read the
>compiler options (and/or list of files) from a text file.  That is:
> >>gcc <switch> input_file.txt
>
>Can someone help me out with this?
>
>Thanks!
>-Mike

Hi,
I don't know if there is a suitable swithc - anyway you could use something
like
cat input_file.txt | xargs gcc <other_switches>

Note that in this case <other_switches> will be read BEFORE the content of
input_file.txt

Or (if using bash)
gcc <some_switches> $(cat input_file.txt) <other_switches>

fwyzard

* gcc switch for reading compiler options from a file
@ 2002-01-11 14:26 Moran-Strilchuk, Mike
From: Moran-Strilchuk, Mike @ 2002-01-11 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I'm looking for the switch to use on the command line so that I can read the
compiler options (and/or list of files) from a text file.  That is:
>>gcc <switch> input_file.txt

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!
-Mike

Michael Moran-Strilchuk, BSC.EE
Intel of Canada - Cellular Communications Division
+1-403-516-8059 (Direct)
+1-403-516-8008 (Fax)
mike.moran-strilchuk@intel.com