* C++ exceptions ??
@ 2002-12-05 23:07 aladdin
From: aladdin @ 2002-12-05 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I am studying the mechanism of gcc that handle the C++ exceptions.
Is there any document or information beside the source code?

thanks,

Aladdin

* Re: C++ exceptions ??
@ 2002-12-05 23:36 ` Andreas Bauer
From: Andreas Bauer @ 2002-12-05 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aladdin; +Cc: gcc-help

> I am studying the mechanism of gcc that handle the C++ exceptions.
> Is there any document or information beside the source code?

Look inside the doc/ directory; it contains internals documentation in
the texinfo format, which you may find useful.  If you have very specific
questions concerning the way certain subroutines work, etc. you will have
to wade through the code though in order to fully understand what's going
on.

HTH,
Andi.

P.S. There's also a doxygen-version of gcc online somewhere, but I forgot
the URL; Google or the list archives should still have it.

* Re: C++ exceptions ??
@ 2002-12-06  6:06 ` Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci
From: Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci @ 2002-12-06  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aladdin; +Cc: gcc-help

At 15.08 06/12/2002 +0800, aladdin@sunplus.com.tw wrote:
>Hi,
>I am studying the mechanism of gcc that handle the C++ exceptions.
>Is there any document or information beside the source code?

I saw a nice description of the gcc internals regarding exception handling
some times ago on these lists (probably gc@gcc.gnu.org).
You may try to search trwough the archives for it (see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/).

>thanks,
>
>Aladdin

fwyzard

* Re: C++ exceptions ??
@ 2002-12-09 19:40 aladdin
From: aladdin @ 2002-12-09 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks for your help,

I have read the doc http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-07/msg00352.html by aldy
Hernandez
and the disccusion limited to the dwarf2 mechanism.

Where can I find any info about handling C++ exceptions using
setjmp/longjmp mechanism?

thanks,
aladdin

                    "Andrea
                    'fwyzard'            To:     aladdin@sunplus.com.tw
                    Bocci"               cc:     gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
                    <fwyzard@inwi        Subject:     Re: C++ exceptions ??
                    nd.it>

                    2002/12/06
                    10:05 PM

At 15.08 06/12/2002 +0800, aladdin@sunplus.com.tw wrote:
>Hi,
>I am studying the mechanism of gcc that handle the C++ exceptions.
>Is there any document or information beside the source code?

I saw a nice description of the gcc internals regarding exception handling
some times ago on these lists (probably gc@gcc.gnu.org).
You may try to search trwough the archives for it (see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/).

>thanks,
>
>Aladdin

fwyzard