* Command Line Continuation for GCC
@ 2003-11-20 14:54 George Hartman
From: George Hartman @ 2003-11-20 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I've looked through the gcc documentation and can't find an answer to this
simple question - how do I split a gcc command line into multiple lines?
For example,

gcc -ansi -c -o "E:\George\Consulting\2003-10 JSF Fluid Migration\Migrate
Software\GCC obj \Migrate.exe" "E:\George\Consulting\2003-10 JSF Fluid
Migration\Migrate Software\GCC obj\Migrate.obj"
"E:\George\Consulting\2003-10 JSF Fluid Migration\Migrate Software\GCC
obj\Migrate File Handlers.obj" "E:\George\Consulting\2003-10 JSF Fluid
Migration\Migrate Software\GCC obj\Migrate Utilities.obj"

This obviously would be much nicer on multiple lines.  I realize I can
define the compiler, compiler options, and base directory as variables to
shorten the line, but eventually I will have dozens of source files and the
single line will get totally out of hand.  Thanks for any help.

George

* Re: Command Line Continuation for GCC
@ 2003-11-20 15:08 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2003-11-20 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Hartman, gcc-help

Hi George,

In general, that's not a GCC issue, it's your command line shell's issue.

I presume you are using Windows NT (3.5, 4.0, 5.0 or 5.1).

Note:  Windows NT 5.0 is aka Windows 2000, and Windows NT 5.1 is aka Windows XP.

I recommend acquiring a better shell that allows multiple lines, such as www.cygwin.com GNU bash shell.

HTH,
--Eljay

* Re: Command Line Continuation for GCC