* Printing out of a C-programm
@ 2014-08-31  8:42 Jakob Bucher
From: Jakob Bucher @ 2014-08-31  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

My printer, Brother HL-2040, does not accept print-jobs out of a C-program. It works, however, perfectly on the lpr-command, with office applications and emacs.

System: openSuse Linux 13.1
Compiler: GNU C-compiler 4.8-2.1.2
Driver: Brother HL-2060-CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9

The printer can be opened as a file, but it does not react on the "putc" command  nor on fprintf.
Printer status: ready,  printing que emty;

What can be done?

Best regards

  J. Bucher

* Re: Printing out of a C-programm
@ 2014-08-31 12:24 ` Christoph K.
From: Christoph K. @ 2014-08-31 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 31 Aug 2014 08:41 GMT
"Jakob Bucher" <jbbob@t-online.de> wrote:

> My printer, Brother HL-2040, does not accept print-jobs out of a C-program. It works, however, perfectly on the lpr-command, with office applications and emacs.
>
> System: openSuse Linux 13.1
> Compiler: GNU C-compiler 4.8-2.1.2
> Driver: Brother HL-2060-CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9
>
> The printer can be opened as a file, but it does not react on the "putc" command  nor on fprintf.
> Printer status: ready,  printing que emty;
>
> What can be done?

Did you try to flush the output to the file / printer?

See: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/fflush/?kw=fflush

Also, try to provide more relevant information.
What file do you try to print to? Does the printer support raw output?
(I'm not at all an expert in printing, so maybe someone can help out
here?)

Regards
Christoph

* Re: Printing out of a C-programm
@ 2014-09-02 12:06 ` andre maute
From: andre maute @ 2014-09-02 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 08/31/2014 10:41 AM, Jakob Bucher wrote:
> My printer, Brother HL-2040, does not accept print-jobs out of a C-program. It works, however, perfectly on the lpr-command, with office applications and emacs.
>
> System: openSuse Linux 13.1
> Compiler: GNU C-compiler 4.8-2.1.2
> Driver: Brother HL-2060-CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9
>
> The printer can be opened as a file, but it does not react on the "putc" command  nor on fprintf.
> Printer status: ready,  printing que emty;
>
> What can be done?
Do you really think that is a GCC problem??
Other applications on your system are working,
and I suppose they are compiled with GCC.

Regards Andre