* where is unwind.h
@ 2015-07-04 14:25 Yuxin Ren
From: Yuxin Ren @ 2015-07-04 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

Now I am reading the libsupc++ library code.
I found in the file unwind-cxx.h, it includes a header file called unwind.h.
https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/libstdc%2B%2B-v3/libsupc%2B%2B/unwind-cxx.h#L36

But I cannot find where the unwind.h is.
Could someone help to find the unwind.h file?

Thanks a lot.
Yuxin

* Re: where is unwind.h
@ 2015-07-06  9:19 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2015-07-06  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuxin Ren, gcc-help

On 04/07/15 15:25, Yuxin Ren wrote:
> Now I am reading the libsupc++ library code.
> I found in the file unwind-cxx.h, it includes a header file called unwind.h.
> https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/libstdc%2B%2B-v3/libsupc%2B%2B/unwind-cxx.h#L36
>
> But I cannot find where the unwind.h is.
> Could someone help to find the unwind.h file?

No, we can't, because we don't know your system.  However, it is part of
GCC, and on my system it is installed at

/usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-redhat-linux/4.8.2/include/unwind.h

unwind.h is copied from gcc/trunk/libgcc/unwind-generic.h on some
systems.

Andrew.

* Re: where is unwind.h
@ 2015-07-06 15:01   ` Yuxin Ren
From: Yuxin Ren @ 2015-07-06 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley; +Cc: gcc-help

I use Ubuntu. Year I also can find unwind.h on my system.
But I cannot find it in the gcc source code (cloned from the gcc github).
Where is unwind.h in the gcc source code?
And if it doesn't have such file, how it can be correctly compiled?

Thanks a lot.
Yuxin

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/15 15:25, Yuxin Ren wrote:
>> Now I am reading the libsupc++ library code.
>> I found in the file unwind-cxx.h, it includes a header file called unwind.h.
>> https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/blob/master/libstdc%2B%2B-v3/libsupc%2B%2B/unwind-cxx.h#L36
>>
>> But I cannot find where the unwind.h is.
>> Could someone help to find the unwind.h file?
>
> No, we can't, because we don't know your system.  However, it is part of
> GCC, and on my system it is installed at
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-redhat-linux/4.8.2/include/unwind.h
>
> unwind.h is copied from gcc/trunk/libgcc/unwind-generic.h on some
> systems.
>
> Andrew.

* Re: where is unwind.h
@ 2015-07-06 15:08     ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2015-07-06 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuxin Ren; +Cc: gcc-help

On 07/06/2015 04:01 PM, Yuxin Ren wrote:
> I use Ubuntu. Year I also can find unwind.h on my system.
> But I cannot find it in the gcc source code (cloned from the gcc github).
> Where is unwind.h in the gcc source code?
> And if it doesn't have such file, how it can be correctly compiled?

Did you not see

>> unwind.h is copied from gcc/trunk/libgcc/unwind-generic.h on some
>> systems.

unwind.h is created and installed when GCC is built and installed.

Andrew.

* Re: where is unwind.h
@ 2015-07-06 17:31       ` Brian Drummond
From: Brian Drummond @ 2015-07-06 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Haley; +Cc: Yuxin Ren, gcc-help

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 16:08 +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:

> Did you not see
>
> >> unwind.h is copied from gcc/trunk/libgcc/unwind-generic.h on some
> >> systems.
>
> unwind.h is created and installed when GCC is built and installed.

... which means, it's created in the build tree, not the source tree.

Having to look in the build tree for source code confused me a few times
when I started working with gcc!

-- Brian

* Re: where is unwind.h
@ 2015-07-06 17:33       ` Brian Drummond
From: Brian Drummond @ 2015-07-06 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 16:08 +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Did you not see
>
> >> unwind.h is copied from gcc/trunk/libgcc/unwind-generic.h on some
> >> systems.
>
> unwind.h is created and installed when GCC is built and installed.
>
> Andrew.

... which means, it's created in the build tree, not the source tree.

Having to look in the build tree for source code confused me a few times
when I started working with gcc!

-- Brian
(apologies for any accidental off-list copies)

* Re: where is unwind.h
@ 2015-07-06 18:15     ` Mikhail Maltsev
From: Mikhail Maltsev @ 2015-07-06 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuxin Ren, Andrew Haley; +Cc: gcc-help

On 07/06/2015 06:01 PM, Yuxin Ren wrote:
> I use Ubuntu. Year I also can find unwind.h on my system.
> But I cannot find it in the gcc source code (cloned from the gcc github).
> Where is unwind.h in the gcc source code?
> And if it doesn't have such file, how it can be correctly compiled?

As it was already mentioned, unwind.h is selected from one of unwind-*.h
files in libgcc. You should probably take a look at
libgcc/configure.ac and other autoconf scripts which get included from it.

--
Regards,
    Mikhail Maltsev