* parameter type of  -frandom-seed
@ 2015-08-25 16:48 Stephan Gatzka
From: Stephan Gatzka @ 2015-08-25 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi!

I'm a bit confused about the parameter I have to deliver to -frandom
-seed.

My manual page states it must be a number, others say it's a string.

If I browse through the sources of gcc, it's also not not obvious to me.

https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=blob;f=gcc/common.opt;hb=HEAD

https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=blob;f=gcc/po/de.po;hb=HEAD

So what's the correct parameter ffor -frandom-seed? A number
(decimal/hex) or a string?

Regards,

Stephan