* calling from one libfoo.a to another
@ 2010-03-10 22:02 travis
From: travis @ 2010-03-10 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello all,

Not sure where to ask this, apologies in advance if this isn't
appropriate.  I'll only ask once, so ignoring me or a direct response
will be sufficient.

I'd like to call from one library (libfoo.a) to another (libbar.a) without
directly linking the two.  In other words, I'd like to have the symbol
resolved when I link the final executable.  I've tried "weak"
attribute, and they work in some cases, like when the caller is not in
a library, but on our platform, when you compile it into libraries, it
gets left undefined... a call to the weak reference will segfault at
run-time (I assume because it's not getting defined before the

I'm just curious if there's an easy way to call from one .a to another
to avoid drastically restructuring our code base.

If this is unclear, please let me know.
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction
If you are a spammer, please email john@subspacefield.org to get blacklisted.