* Wide character support
@ 2005-01-29  1:15 www.mail
From: www.mail @ 2005-01-29  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am new to gcc.  Please help.  When I try to build GNU
sed 4.1.4 on Win2K, it succeeds on cygwin gcc.  But with
mingw, I get link errors for references to wide-character
functions.

For example:

compile.o(.text+0xd15): In function `normalize_text':
c:/Data/Compile/sed-4.1.4/sed/compile.c:1415: undefined reference to `mbrtowc'

execute.o(.text+0x1e6): In function `str_append_modified':
c:/Data/Compile/sed-4.1.4/sed/execute.c:329: undefined reference to `wcrtomb'

Prior to these errors when running ./configure, I got the message:

checking for wcrtomb... no

whereas on Cygwin I got the corresponding message:

checking for wcrtomb... yes

Please could someone tell me how to link these files successfully.
Your help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Jonny

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-01-29  1:15 UTC | newest]