* RE: Storing specified variables in the same memory page!
@ 2004-10-11 16:17 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-10-11 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vinaymr_02, sriharsha.v; +Cc: gcc-help

Aren't local, non-static variables always stored on the stack?  It
wouldn't make sense to me to put them anywhere else...

Thanks,
Lyle

From: Virender Kashyap @ 2004-10-11 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lrtaylor; +Cc: vinaymr_02, sriharsha.v, GCC HELP

global variables are store in data area rather than on stack .

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 lrtaylor@micron.com wrote:

> Aren't local, non-static variables always stored on the stack?  It
> wouldn't make sense to me to put them anywhere else...
>
> Thanks,
> Lyle

Regards.
Virender
Virender Kashyap
Senior Undergraduate Student
Roll No 00d05011
ADD:
Room 182 ,Hostel 2
IIT Bombay ,Powaii
Mumbai -400076
Homepage: www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~virenk
Email : viren16@rediffmail.com

* RE: Storing specified variables in the same memory page!
@ 2004-10-11 18:31   ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-10-11 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Virender Kashyap, lrtaylor; +Cc: vinaymr_02, sriharsha.v, GCC HELP

Hi Virender,

Put all those global variables in a struct, to give them a contained locality.

--Eljay

* Re: Storing specified variables in the same memory page!
@ 2004-10-13  8:51     ` energon
From: energon @ 2004-10-13  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: Vinay, Sriharsha Vedurmudi

Well, you can define a struct with the necessary variable types and
allocate some shared memory and map the struct into the shared memory.

Typically, shared memory is allocated in size of page size chunks.
So, if your data set size does not span the memory page size, you'll
have your data in one page.

Do you need to avoid your data from being paged out of the RAM?

=====
-energon0

http://vote.yahoo.com

* Re: Storing specified variables in the same memory page!
@ 2004-10-11 16:08   ` Vinay
From: Vinay @ 2004-10-11 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sriharsha Vedurmudi; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2004-10-11 15:57 ` Sriharsha Vedurmudi