* eMAC support
@ 2005-07-20 11:55 Chao Xiang
From: Chao Xiang @ 2005-07-20 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am using ColdFire processors. Would any guy tell me whether the gcc
compiler and assembler support the eMAC instruction? for gcc-3.4

thx

Chao Xiang

* Re: eMAC support
@ 2005-07-20 19:06 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-07-20 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao Xiang; +Cc: gcc-help

Chao Xiang <xiangchao891@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using ColdFire processors. Would any guy tell me whether the gcc
> compiler and assembler support the eMAC instruction? for gcc-3.4

As far as I can see, the eMAC instructions are not yet supported by
the compiler.

The assembler does support them, for what it's worth.

Ian

* Re: eMAC support
@ 2005-07-22  0:47   ` Chao Xiang
From: Chao Xiang @ 2005-07-22  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, xiangchao891

Thank you. The assemble's support is just enough for me.

How about the gdb's support for eMAC? I have a MCF5249EVB, and I built
m68k-bdm-elf-gdb version 6.1.1. The gdb can connect to target. But only regular
CPU registers can be accessed. The result of the command 'info regs' lacks
all eMAC registers, such as MACSR, ACC0, ACC1, etc. Would anybody tell
me how to make the gdb know the eMAC module?

thx.

Chao Xiang