* installation of  gcc 2.95.3
@ 2001-11-01 10:23 Rich M
From: Rich M @ 2001-11-01 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi

I am attempting to install gcc 2.95.3 on a sparc
sunblade solaris
2.8. and are using the instructions listed on
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/index.html.However in
trying to do the
"Configuration" the scripts fail.The error message
indicates that I do not
have the "language optional software not installed" do
u know where i can aquire this software?

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

* RE: installation of  gcc 2.95.3
@ 2001-11-01 12:06 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2001-11-01 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Rich M'; +Cc: gcc-help

Rich M. wrote:

> I am attempting to install gcc 2.95.3 on a sparc sunblade solaris
> 2.8. and are using the instructions listed on
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/index.html. However in trying to do the
> "Configuration" the scripts fail. The error message indicates that
> I do not have the "language optional software not installed" do
> u know where i can aquire this software?

That isn't something I've seen; we have a Sun Blade 100 here and manged
to get GCC up and running without any trouble straight out of the box.
Chances are whatever you're missing will be on the install media bundled
with the machine.

Exactly which stage does it abort? What are the last few items
configured?

Rup.