* GNU warnings
@ 2001-12-11  3:48 Phil Prentice
From: Phil Prentice @ 2001-12-11  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi
  I am using the GNU compiler to compile some generated source.  Unfortunatly the generated source includes a file of the form:-

  void TEST_PROGRAM (void)
  {

  which of course gives me the warning:-

  warning: This file contains more '{'s than '}'s.

  I would like to inhibit this warning from being output, but leave other warnings enabled.  Is there any way in the source to do this. I cant find a suitable -Wno- parameter.  Is it in any way possible to turn this off via a PRAGMA or something in the source??

  I suppose that I could edit the source, but would rather not.

  Thanks for your help
    Phil

* RE: GNU warnings
@ 2001-12-11  5:40 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2001-12-11  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Phil Prentice'; +Cc: gcc-help

Phil Prentice wrote:

>   I am using the GNU compiler to compile some generated source.
> Unfortunatly the generated source includes a file of the form:-
>
>   void TEST_PROGRAM (void)
>   {
>

>   which of course gives me the warning:-
>
>   warning: This file contains more '{'s than '}'s.
>
>   I would like to inhibit this warning from being output, but leave
> other warnings enabled.

No, this warning cannot be disabled in 2.95.x at least without editing
the source. This is really an enforcement of style so you're right: it
ought to be flaggable.

Incidentally, GCC 3+ will not generate this warning (which could be a
bad thing depending how you look at it).

Rup.