From: "Rupert Wood" <me@rupey.net>
To: <shripada@india.hp.com>
Cc: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: RE: gcc porting
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 05:27:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Shripada wrote:

> well i am trying to configure gcc to produce code for a mc68000
> machine on my intel machine. The target is a posterminal... with a
> os called verix ( unix type) os.. I am trying to configure gcc ...
> so that it generates the object code which can be linked and the
> executable loaded on to the pop terminal The pos terminal has a
> mc68k processor... i hope i am clear now..

The GNU config.* haven't heard of verix.

You can build OS-neutral cross compilers which just target a specific
object format, e.g. m68k-elf or m68k-coff; probably your best bet would
be to find out which object format verix uses and then build a
cross-toolchain to target that. If you have system headers and C
libraries for verix then you should configure --without-newlib and drop
those into the build.

If you don't have system headers and libraries then you can use newlib
instead but you might have difficulty interacting with the system.

Good luck,
Rup.