* RE: What difference "--enable-threads=posix" can make
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D640783@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2002-05-23  2:15 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2002-05-23  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Muhammad Ali'; +Cc: gcc-help

Muhammad Ali wrote:

> I am building gnu 3.1 on mips-sgi-irix-6.5. I would like to know
> what the difference can be if i use the flag
> "--enable-threads=posix" while running configure for making gnu. And
> if I do not use it what is the difference. Can it make some built in
> features of C++ like streams and string classes thread unsafe. If I
> do not use this.

Exactly that: it defines which thread mechanisms form the 'gthreads'
threading abstraction which is, in turn, used by the C++ and Objective-C
run-time libraries and the central exception handling mechanism in
libgcc (used for C++ and Java at least).

Rup.

* What difference "--enable-threads=posix" can make
@ 2002-05-23  2:01 Muhammad Ali